Friday, August 16, 2013

Bid Day!

On August 12th I started my last first day of school....ever. How frightening is that idea? Even though I can't fathom that senior year is already here, it has been met with great gusto. After two l...o...n...g weeks of sorority recruitment filled with sleepless nights, 4 am morning, and stressful days, we finally had bid day to celebrate the new pledge class. Bid day was also August 12th which made the start of school, much much better.

If you don't really know a lot about sorority life, bid day is the day that each sorority finds out who they got for their new freshman pledge classes. It's a exciting day to see if all you hard work for the past two weeks finally paid of. (Mine paid off!! Got me some great out of state girls!!)

We started off bid day with a little get together at the Mell St Castle (my house) for some of the seniors and juniors. I have to forewarn people, that it was extremely hot on Monday, so please excuse everyone from looking like a sweaty mess.


attempted a candied laughing pic..wasn't too candid 


so much happiness in this picture



After some pictures we headed over to Tri Delt (which is actually around the corner) to meet our new babies. If at any point you feel as though this post is too sorority and too weird, I'm sorry but that's how we do it down South.

At Tri Delt, to announce the newest pledge class, the president and vice president of recruitment drop the list of name out of the second floor in front of the entire sorority. The big group picture with everyone freaking out is the reaction to the list. As you can see everyone is extremely excited about the new babies.





Bid day is an emotional day for everyone dealing with recruitment. For active members its a relief to see the girls you wanted on that list when it drops. It's also sad not seeing the names of the girls you did want to go your sorority, but ended up somewhere else. That sad feeling soon dissipates as every girl around is excitedly cheering for the new pledge class. As you can see everyone was giddy over the new babies.

my grand little Bethany 



my tri delt family

what is left of PC10

the new freshman!


Sorority recruitment is a stressful time and to be totally honest I'm so glad that it only happens once a year. I don't think I could do the 4 am mornings and late nights for more than a week. If this post went over most people's heads I am sorry for that. I just wanted to give a sneak peak into what the life of a sorority girl looks like. Until next time! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment